The Sailing Foundation - What We Do
In support of our ongoing missions - supporting youth sailing and improving safety at sea - recent activities of The Sailing Foundation have included:
- Planning our next Safety at Sea Seminar, which will be held on Bainbridge Island March 5 & 6, 2016. Read more...
- Setting up a new website to serve as a place to learn about what's happening with Youth Sailing in the Northwest. Please visit www.nwyouthsailing.org to check it out!
- In conjuction with Oregon Offshore Race Committee, sponsoring a one-day Safety at Sea Seminar for sailors in the Portland metro area in March, 2015.
- Hosting our eight annual Coaches' Clinic on January 31, 2015, at the Mt. Baker Rowing and Sailing Club. Andrew Nelson, Brent Fahey, and Dick Rose were featured speakers. Read more...
- Supporting Katie Stephens of Bellingham with a scholarship to attend a US Sailing Adaptive Sailing clinic in Texas. Click here to read Katie's thank-you to The Sailing Foundation and learn more about the clinic.
- Hiring Andrew Nelson as our first Youth Sailing Director. With this appointment, the Foundation is beginning a major expansion of its support of competitive youth sailing programs in the Pacific Northwest. To our knowledge, the Pacific Northwest is the first region in the USA to have a full-time Youth Sailing Director. This expansion of the Foundation’s program for youth has been made possible by generous and substantial donations. Click here for the full press release.
- Sponsoring a series of clinics for high school racers, with coaching by Olympic contender, Isabella Bertold. Read more...
- Organizing the first Summer Sailstice rally to celebrate sailing and summer in Puget Sound. The Summer Sailstice goal was to get as many people out sailing as possible on June 21st, the longest day of the year. The Sailing Foundation invited area sailors to participate in a rally around Blake Island and a beach potluck in Blakely Harbor. There were prizes for bringing the most new sailors on your boat, coming from the furthest distance, having the oldest and youngest aboard and many other categories. Click here for the press release.
For more on The Sailing Foundation's activities, check out our News/Articles page.
Who We Are
The Sailing Foundation is a not-for-profit organization, based in the Pacific Northwest and dedicated to the promotion of sailing, with primary emphasis on area youth programs and general boating safety.
Our goal is to ensure a strong, competitive racing environment for young sailors so they can compete successfully in venues around the world. We're also dedicated to research and development of products and techniques that improve safety for the racing as well as the cruising sailor.
Click here to view a Power Point presentation about The Sailing Foundation (takes a few moments to load).
The Sailing Foundation
2635 151st Place NE
Redmond WA 98052-5522
Youth Sailing Director