The Sailing Foundation - What We Do
In support of our ongoing missions - supporting youth sailing and improving safety at sea - recent activities of The Sailing Foundation have included:
- In conjunction with the Shilshole Corinthian Yacht Club, staging a focused Safety at Sea Seminar for participants in the 2013 Van Isle 360 race. Bob Schoonmaker, TSF board member and US Sailing Safety at Sea Committee member, organized the event and co-moderated with Bruce Brown, US Sailing SAS moderator. In describing Bob's involvement, Bruce stated "I believe we were successful as a result of good organization, a clear understanding of the specifics of the focus of the attendees and a good organization skill and tremendous follow through. Bob made the seminar appear easy to produce, and I know his attention to detail was a tremendous asset." Our thanks and congratulations to Bob, who will also be organizing our 2014 Safety at Sea Seminar.
- Planning for our next Safety at Sea seminar, which will be held February 22nd & 23rd, 2014. The seminar will be held on Bainbridge Island. For more information, contact Bob Schoonmaker. More details will be added to our website later in the year.
- Hosting our sixth annual Coaches' Clinic on January 26, 2013, at the Seattle Yacht Club Elliott Bay Outstation. Allison Jolly was this year's featured expert coach. Read more...
- Congratulations to our long-time board member, Dick Rose, for receiving US Sailing's highest honor, the Nathaniel Herreschoff Trophy. Read more...
- Supporting three Sailing Foundation Youth Racing High Performance Racing Clinics with Isabella Bertold, Laser Radial Olympic Campaigner and Caleb Paine, Finn Dinghy Olympic Campaiginer. Read more...
- Supporting youth sailing activities through 2012 travel grants and scholarships. Read more...
- Sponsoring the Mallory Trophy - 2012, and donating 20 racing sails to the NWISA. View photos...
For more on The Sailing Foundation's activities, check out our News/Articles page.
Who We Are
The Sailing Foundation is a not-for-profit organization, based in the Pacific Northwest and dedicated to the promotion of sailing, with primary emphasis on area youth programs and general boating safety.
Our goal is to ensure a strong, competitive racing environment for young sailors so they can compete successfully in venues around the world. We're also dedicated to research and development of products and techniques that improve safety for the racing as well as the cruising sailor.
Click here to view a Power Point presentation about The Sailing Foundation (takes a few moments to load).
The Sailing Foundation
2635 151st Place NE
Redmond WA 98052-5522